Timber Frames Homes
The thermal efficiency of timber frame is well known, providing homes that are very comfortable and require a lot less energy to heat. Both today and in the future, all buildings must conform to new thermal performance standards and timber is a natural insulator, enhancing the efficiency of the insulation materials.
Also, the inherent dimensional accuracy of our timber frame kits, means that walls are vertical and flat and rooms are square, making decorating and the installation of carpets and fitted furniture less demanding and improving the quality of your finished home.
Timber frame construction allows a very high level of internal design flexibility as internal walls need not be structural load-bearing walls, and the roof space is often useable too.
- High levels of thermal performance mean warm, draft free, comfortable accommodation.
- A flexible technology allowing for very speedy construction and ease of future modification.
- Good acoustic properties mean less noise from neighbours.
- An environmentally friendly home with a modern feel.
- Significantly lower space heating energy costs.
- Low cyclic maintenance needs.
Meets and often exceeds all current building regulations.
With its origins as far back as the 12th century, timber frame construction now accounts for over 70% of all new housing in advanced countries throughout the world.Self Builders, Builders, Architects, and specifiers now have an increasing awareness of the potential environmental impact of their projects along with government initiatives and ever changing building regulations aimed at achieving Zero Carbon buildings. The timber frame industry itself believes it can make a significant contribution to sustainable construction for sustainable communities.
At Scotframe we have a strict company policy regarding the purchase of timber to be utilised in the construction of our kits.
The Scotframe Code of Practice:
- We actively promote the use of timber products sourced from well managed sustainable sources and communicate this commitment to our customers and consumers.
- We maximise the benefits of timber frame design to reduce raw material waste during manufacture and construction and further enhance the whole-life energy efficiency of residential and commercial developments.
- We participate in the continuing education and research into sustainable construction
- We encourage clients to consider the “cradle to grave” environmental costs of all building materials.
- We bring commercial pressure on our suppliers, where possible, to adopt good environmental supply chain management.
The most environmentally friendly
way to build.